People love to laugh. It is a scientifically proven fact… and even if it weren’t a scientifically proven fact, there is enough tangential evidence to support this claim. But, we are asked all the time… or at least a few times… well, once and it was hypothetical and in my mind “How do I enjoy an Odd Lot show?” So here is 5 things you can do to enjoy an Odd Lot show.
This is how click bait works, right?
- Improv comedy is thrilling and dangerous. Do not attempt to feed the performers they will bite your fingers clean off.
- While laughing, do NOT close your eyes. You don’t want to miss a single second. This, of course, will make you look like a raving lunatic, which is a plus in our book.
- Be sure to load up on carbs. Laughter provides as much exercise as running a marathon. Don’t look that one up, just trust us.
- Stretch! We cannot emphasize this enough. Rookie audience members often times pull a muscle because they were not prepared for the rigors of watching improv comedy.
- Yell. Just yell. A lot. Like more than you feel comfortable doing. Yell like you are being stabbed in the eyes. Yell and then yell some more. Make them notice you.
We hope these helpful tips will make your next visit to Odd Lot’s improv comedy show more rewarding!